About this project:
I classify WESCO into two parts, 1.0 and 2.0. I do this because I have worked there twice and both times I was part of re-platforming the code base. In this particular piece, I will talk about our first re-platform:
- Converted Hybris frontend which was made up of JSTL and JSP pages to React client-side components
- This involved rewriting the build process from scratch and taking a gulp build and converting it to a Webpack build to be able to handle the new components and frontend
- Incrementally introduced the React frontend by introducing different mounting nodes in the JSP files
- Revamped the Order History and Order Details pages
- Rebuilt the Product Table component in React. This was a widely used component across the entire application
Where's the GitHub link?!